The major objectives of the Mid Day Meal Scheme are :
- To make available nutritious food to children enrolled in Class 1-8 in schools (Govt, Local Body,Govt Aided schools,Govt Aided Maqtab & Madarsas, AIE centers and NCLP schools).
- To develop the grasping prowess of children by improving the nutrition level.
- To enhance the enrollment of children in schools.
- To develop the tendency to stay in schools in the children especially during interval and to reduce the drop-out rate.
- To develop the feelings of brotherhood and to develop positive outlook through combined fooding for the children belonging to different religions and castes.